In this latest episode of Handy’s How To series, learn how to hang a frame! Doesn’t matter if you’re hanging that sweet concert poster from that show you went to in college, or the latest piece of contemporary art in your collection (in which case, maybe we can help you hang a fancy wine rack, too); just follow these instructions to spruce up your bare walls.
Check out the video and find our instructions below. Or, book a professional handyman through the Handy platform to take care of the job as soon as tomorrow.
What you need:
- Tape measure
- Spirit level
- Power drill & drill bits
- Screwdriver & screws
How to hang a frame:
- Check for electric cables with the studfinder
- Decide on positioning
- Mark the height of the top of the frame with a pencil
- Measure the center point of the wall you’re hanging it on
- Measure the distance between the top of the frame and the string or wire when taught
- Use this distance to mark the hole by measuring down from your top pencil mark
- Set your drill to fast speed and enable the hammer setting
- Drill the hole
- Insert your drywall anchor and screw
- Hang your picture
That’s it! The job’s done.
Please remember that Handy is the creator of a technology platform that connects clients with qualified independent professionals in the business of providing home cleaning, handyperson and related home services. Handy does not provide those services and does not employ individuals to perform such services. Handy’s role is limited to offering the technology platform as a referral tool for clients and qualified independent professionals.